Who doesn’t want a knock’em dead smile? Well we have all heard of foods and activities which aren’t so great for your pearly whites (like coffee, smoking). But here are 5 foods that will help give a brighter, whiter smile.
- Cranberries: Cranberries, along with lots of other fruit, contain some whacky doodads called polyphenols. These chemical compounds my help to prevent plaque forming on your teeth, leading to a nicer, whiter smile.
- Apples: High in fiber, biting into an apple literally has a scrubbing effect on your teeth. They also contain natural acids, which help to dissolve buildup. This scrubbing helps to remove stains from the enamel of your teeth
- Dairy products: Cheese, mils, yogurt all contain calcium and phosphorous, which help to strengthen your teeth.
- Strawberries: Strawberries contain malic acid that removes surface discolouration. They are so good at removing discolouration, they can even be used in home tooth whitening remedy. (we wont tell you how, but go look it up)
- Water and sugar-free gum: not only does drinking water stop you from drinking other drinks (like cola), it helps provide your mouth with enough saliva. Saliva is one of the best cleaners of the mouth, and chewing sugar-free gum helps to stimulate saliva production, ensuring your mouth doesn’t dry out. Water and saliva also help wash away an surface plaque or sugar residue.
So when you’re preparing for your next big social event, try eating some of these foods to give your teeth a chance to shine!